At the Sacramento Philharmonic & Opera, we believe supporting the Sacramento Region is a central piece of our organization through our Educational and Community Outreach. With our community programs and enrichment opportunities for schools, we work alongside educators, students, and leaders to inspire young musicians and to bring professional classical music to our neighborhoods.
We work with schools in the Sacramento Region and participate in the Sacramento County Office of Education’s Community of Practice Group. For any questions, please email us anytime at email@example.com
The Instrument Discovery is a collection of instruments from every family set up and sanitized so anyone can play! We bring the Instrument Discovery to:
- Schools looking to introduce families to various instruments before choosing
- Community events where anyone can try a new instrument and discover music
- Family or youth events to encourage a sense of exploration and discovery
In Link Up, students in grades 3-5 are invited to join the SP&O in an interactive and engaging program. REGISTER HERE
- Students learn to sing and play orchestral repertoire through our hands-on curriculum
- Students perform along with the SP&O in a culminating concert
- Teachers receive our guide and online resources, professional development workshops, and ongoing communication
From Old Sacramento to Fairytale Town, our community has always been supportive and we want to say THANK YOU! We hope to increase our positive impact in the Sacramento community.
Pop Up Concerts!
The SP&O brings free music into unexpected public spaces within the eight Districts of the Sacramento Promise Zone. Each district will host concerts over the course of the season, at places such as farmers markets, libraries, transitional homes, Children’s Hospitals, homeless shelters, events particular to that District, and more!
At the SP&O, we believe in the transformative power of music to heal mind, body, and soul. We will continue our Wellness Program in Sophie’s Place, Sutter Health’s Pediatric Music Therapy division. This series features our musicians performing a range of beautifully moving, engaging, healing, and family-friendly selections.
To find out more about education and community outreach, please contact:
Director of Operations and Community Engagement