The Sacramento Philharmonic & Opera is committed to attaining the highest caliber of music in order to offer the Sacramento region world-class classical music concerts.
- To present innovative programming and repertoire choices that showcase internationally acclaimed, virtuoso conductors and soloists
- To reach the widest audience possible
- To contribute meaningfully to the pursuit of Sacramento as a cultural destination
- To remain a leader in music and arts education throughout Sacramento
- To maintain a creative force within the community, cultivating a new generation of concertgoers and philanthropists, alike
To meet these goals, we must continue to create partnerships not only with the community at large, but with our Board, Management, and Staff. In this way, we will be well equipped to remain sustainable and vital and be better prepared to present and uphold the high artistic image to which we strive.
Established in 1912 and redeveloped in 2015, the Sacramento Philharmonic & Opera is a collaborative cultural pillar institution dedicated to serving the greater community – from youth music education in the classroom to main stage performances of orchestral and operatic music at the highest regional caliber – and contributing to the growth of Sacramento’s Creative Economy.
The Sacramento Philharmonic & Opera is enjoying its fifth season as a melded organization under the executive leadership of Alice Sauro, and once again offers the very best artistic talent and musical innovation to audiences throughout the region. As an emissary for the arts to a culturally diverse region, the organization continues its long history of community engagement and dedication through outreach initiatives that bring the passion of classical music to schools, hospitals, shelters, and more. We retain this spirit of community involvement in our programming choices – from festivals on Beethoven to commissioned new music to holiday shows featuring today’s pop, soul and rock artists – by offering a broad spectrum of musical styles we aim to serve our community with many access points.